Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Calendar

When I was little, the most exciting part about Advent was, of course, the Advent calendar! I loved the ones with little pictures behind each door just as much as the chocolate ones, but the most amazing was my Mum's creation with little packages that she hung from a tree branch fastened to our living room wall. My brother and I took turns in opening the little presents, it was always the first thing we did each morning! I still remember the walk in the woods with my Mum to choose a branch for the calendar, so exciting.
Years later I made my own calendars for friends and most recently for P. - I have a pretty tree branch that I found by a river long ago, almost entirely stripped of its bark, it's smooth and looks almost like driftwood. I sewed little white cotton bags with red thread, printed them with the numbers and now I fill them each year with treats and little notes. My favorite tradition :)

Weekday carnival has a lovely modern version here.

This printable advent city from Mr. Printables is so cute! I saw it first here on How About Orange.

And on You Are My Fave you can find this wonderful puzzle calendar that also looks fantastic as wall art!

No comments:

Post a Comment