
I have been wanting to make Congee for a while now. Ever since I've changed my nutrition according to TCM principles a few years ago, I usually eat a warm breakfast: porridge with fruit, soup or vegetable omelets - my stomach loves it! But I hadn't tried this method yet. Then I found a recipe on Ulma's blog and finally got round to it. You basically cook rice (mochi rice or sushi rice or a mixture of both is best) with water in a ratio of 1:10 for up to 4 hours until it is very creamy. Tastes great with fruit and nuts, sprinkled with cinnamon and kardamom, but traditionally (in China) Congee is eaten with meat, fish, vegetables, egg, soy sauce... Some great ideas for combinations can be found here on Frau Ziii's blog. Have to try that soon, I'm thinking toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, some chicken and veggies... yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment