Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Randomness From Around The Web
This winter is strange. No snow! In between the grey days there are a lot of high temperatures and even sunshine, so I won't complain... but I do miss the snow and the cozy stillness it gives even to a bustling city like Vienna. I haven't given up my hopes yet! Meanwhile I walk around the park in my lunch break and take pictures of the tree silhouettes against the grey sky... I kinda like their graphic quality.
Put those naked branches to use and make a little forest for your living room: Made by Joel shares this adorable idea for a forest building toy!
In winter I always crave Sauerkraut, it's so good, especially paired with heartier meals like sausages or potato dumplings! I have never thought of making my own, but this recipe from The Nourishing Gourmet looks doable.
And to balance all that healthiness, how about some cupcakes with a dreamy Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream?
I recently came across this wonderful magazine: Taproot is an ad free print magazine with beautiful artwork and inspiring articles. It's published quarterly with a subtle theme for each issue - the 2014 themes are BREATHE, SEED, MEND and BREAD and the cover art comes from Geninne Zlatkis! I have shared my love for her art here before. Now I am thinking about getting a subscription... oh, I initially came upon it via Soulemama, the blog of Taproot editor Amanda Blake Soule.
Have you seen the pictures of frozen soap bubbles around the web? Incredibly beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment